Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011

Tattoos - Part 1

Everybody's divided about it: Tattoos. The most of us (and when I say 'us' I mean 'teens') like it, most of the people I know, anyway. I want the line "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" (You may know the song by Poison or you know it by Miley Cyrus) and "My heart beats for love, It's the sound that I hear, tells me not to give up, It breathes in my chest and It runs through my blood, My heart beats for love" (it's also a song by Miley, I just love the meaning). And in my last post the sentence "Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect" really touched me, but I prefer "Love is stronger...".And maybe I want kind of this:



But what you really want to know: What tattoos have the stars? I'm gonna tell you.

Miley Cyrus

She's got six tattoos and I love every single one.

´

Miley’s first tattoo was a tribute to a friend of hers (it's Vanessa, maybe you've read about her in "Miles to go") who died of the lung disease cystic fibrosis in 2007 and her grandfathers who both died of lung cancer. The tattoo is located just under her left breast and reads, “Just Breathe”. Miley said, “It reminds me not to take things for granted. I mean breathing – that was something none of them could do, the most basic thing. And I put it near my heart, because that is where they will always be.”



Miley’s second tattoo is the word “LOVE” on the upper inside of her right ear. She got the tattoo inked while her father was having a tattoo done to. The significance of having the tattoo on her ear and the meaning itself are to drown out the negative and only to hear positive things. Miley said, “I have ‘Love’ right here to block out all the crap that everyone throws into your ears…I don’t really care about it. [You’re] only supposed to hear the things coming from the people that genuinely love you.” Miley also said in an interview, “There’s so much negativity in the world and what you only need to hear is all the love. People try to say to me, ‘I just heard someone say this or that about you,’ and I just ignore it because it’s irrelevant. Love is what makes the world go around, and that’s all we need to focus on.”




In September 2010 Miley had the small outline of a heart tattooed on her right pinkie finger and in December 2010 she added a tiny cross on the inside of her right ring finger. Miley hasn’t spoken to the press about why she had either of these tattoos done, but she has previously said “I could never get a meaningless tattoo,” so there must be a story behind them.




Miley has a large dreamcatcher tattooed on her right side. A friend told People Magazine, “It’s a picture of the dream catcher that hangs over her bed with four feathers to represent her four brothers and sisters. The dream catcher is to protect them.”(Miley’s siblings are Brandi, 23, Trace, 21, Braison, 16, and Noah, 11.) “The dream catcher is to protect them.”



Miley’s most recent tattoo is an anchor she had done in Brazil on her right wrist. The tattoo was done by artist Fabio Satori. Satori explained that the tattoo represents a feeling of safety to Miley. He said, “Everyone had an idea in mind and references. She asked me something soft, I made two drawings and she chose one. Miley told her mother that she wanted something that refers to a safe port, something that reminded her that she always has a safe place to return to. The significance of the design is one of hope and a reminder to always have your feet on the ground.”

David Henrie



David got three tattoos. He's got that angel on his back and Galatians 5, 22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Demi Lovato

Her tattoos are also really meaningful.


Demi’s first tattoo was revealed in June 2010, 2 months before her 18th birthday. The tattoo is of the words “You make me beautiful” written below her right breast. The phrase comes from the song “Beautiful” by Bethany Dillon, a song which Demi claims changed her life. She said "The words were so encouraging and lifted me trough a really dark time in my life. It's kind of a Christian tattoo, so for me it' religious, but it could be for anybody."

Her second tattoo was of a feather behind her left ear. She says "I have a feather behind my ear, and it honestly doesn't mean anything. I just think it's cute. It's a light blue feather, but it looks more like a loaf, so I gotta fix it."



In March 2011 Demi Lovato had “Stay Strong” tattooed on her wrists. On her left wrist is the word “Stay” and on her right wrist is the word “Strong” with a heart which Demi says that she got “In honor of my fans and their support.” She explained: "The journey that I went through and the support of my fans was so meaningful to me that I wanted to thanks my fans in a way that I know can never be forgotten. So I went ahead and I got a little heart tattoo on my wrist. Together they say “Stay Strong” but this one has a heart, which is something that my fans actually were drawing on their wrists while I was still in treatment, and some people even got tattoos of it. So I wanted to show you guys that I will never forget the support that you guys gave me. And I will look at it every day and remember you guys and be completely thankful for you." The tattoos came shortly after Demi spent nearly three months in rehab treating her issues with cutting and an eating disorder. The tattoos cover an area that she used to cut, and instead remind her to think positively. She said "The message is for me. It says “Stay Strong.” So every day no matter if I’m putting on my shoes or putting on my makeup, I see it every day, to stay strong."



In June 2011 Demi had a black cross tattooed on the side of her left hand below her pinkie finger. This tattoo is an obvious nod to her Christian faith.

Justin Bieber



In March 2010, Justin Bieber showed up in Sydney on the beach with a bird tattoo on his left hip. It's a Bieber family tradition.




When Justin showed up with Selena in Hawaii, we first saw his new tattoo: It's "Yeshua" ("Jesus" in Hebrew). Religion means a lot to Justin and his Jewish manager, Scooter Braun discussed ethics with him. He also speaks the Shma before every concert with all his crew.

Megan Fox



As of April many sources are saying that Megan is likely getting the famous icon lasered off as the image has been drastically fading.



This is a reference, not a complete quote (although pretty close), from Act V, Scene III of Shakespeare's tragedy King Lear.



On the inner aspect of her lower leg above her right ankle, Megan has a crescent moon overlapping a five pointed star. It is the one visibly colored tattoo that she has.



On the inside of Megan's left wrist is a tribal tattoo of two waves entwined like a yin and yang symbol. This tattoo has a bit of color but looks like black ink from a distance.



On the back of her neck just below the hairline Megan has a black ink tattoo of the Chinese symbol of strength in calligraphy.



Megan Fox had a long term on again off again relationship with actor Brian Austin Green that lasted six years before she married him in the summer of 2010. She has a script tattoo of his first name between her pubic bone and right hip.



Megan is obviously a fan of stringing words together with her own personal meaning.
Like the large Old English text on her left rib cage. It says "there once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her HEART".

Angelina Jolie



This Gothic letter tattoo between her shoulder blades says "Know Your Rights". It's the title of a song of her favorite band.



This rune style tattoo on Angelina's wrist is the letter h. Depending on the source it is to remind her of her ex boyfriend Timothy Hutton or her brother, James Haven.



This tattoo on her left underarm is the Roman number 13. She had it done because she doesn't believe in superstitions. Later she had V MCMXL added to the tattoo. 13 May 1940 is the date when Winston Churchill gave a famous speech, in which he said: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat".




This tattoo on Jolie's left arm are the words of Tennessee Williams: "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages." Angelina Jolie had this tattoo done in the presence of her mother.


These numbers are the geographical coordinates (longitudes and latitudes) from the locations where her children first entered her life.

  1. N11° 33' 00" E104° 51' 00" : the place in Cambodia where Angelina Jolie's eldest son Maddox was born.
  2. N09° 02' 00" E038° 45' 00" : the place in Ethiopia were her daughter Zahara was born.
  3. S22° 40' 26" E014° 31' 40" : the place in Namibia (Swakopmund) where Angelina gave birth to her biological daughter with Brad Pitt, Shiloh was born.
  4. N10° 46' 00" E106° 41' 40" : the place in Vietnam where Angelina's son Plax Then was born.
  5. N43° 41' 21" E07° 14' 28"
  6. N43° 41' 21" E07° 14' 28":5 and 6 are a place in France for the twins Knox and Vivienne.
  7. Angelina added a 7th line of coordinates for Brad Pitt's place of birth in Oklahoma.

This Arabic on Angelina's right arm means "Determination". It covers up the abstract lines tattoo she had done together with her ex Billy Bob Thornton. Several websites say that it means "Strength of Will", but that is wrong.


This cross tattoo covers the little dragon with the blue tongue she had done in Amsterdam while she was drunk. Next to it is a phrase in Latin: "Quod me nutrit me destruit", meaning "What nourishes me, destroys me." Angelina Jolie had the cross tattoo done the day before she married Johnny Lee Miller in 1995. In her own words: "It was all symbolic, and it was a good thing, nothing dark."



This 12-inch long, 8-inch wide Bengal tiger tattoo on her lower back is Angelina's biggest. It was done in Bangkok on July 8, 2004, during a 2 hour session by tattoo artist Sompong Kanhphai who also blessed it by chanting an ancient hymn. Sompong also did her Khmer tattoo. She had the tiger done to celebrate her Cambodian citizenship.
The tattoo on her left shoulder blade was, just like the tiger tattoo, done by tattoo artist Noo (aka Sompong) Kanhphaiin in a hotel in Pathum Thani, 16 miles north of Bangkok.
It is a Buddhist Pali incantation written in Khmer script, the language of Cambodia. It is there to protect her and her adopted Cambodian son Maddox from bad luck.
Translation:
May your enemies run far away from you.
If you acquire riches, may they remain yours always.
Your beauty will be that of Apsara.
Wherever you may go, many will attend, serve and protect you, surrounding you on all sides.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen